As consumers we use “the cloud” every day in the way we communicate, listen, watch, move and in fact, live almost every aspect of our lives. However many in our community seem to see the cloud as something that is not “fit for purpose.” Yes, it is fine for sharing cute photos, but for creating, storing, protecting and governing our most critical business records? No way.
This session is not about challenging this impression directly, but rather about exposing the profound degree to which the cloud has already transformed enterprise IT infrastructure – and how and why that transformation is only accelerating.
In other words, it doesn’t really matter how we feel about the cloud: the cloud is a fact of life. As information professionals we have a choice: we can either wish, hope, or pretend that this is not the case and thus not be in the best position to help our organizations with the unique insight and expertise we have; or we can become experts on this transformation and its impact on information governance so that we can not only help, but lead.
Join us in a discussion with top cloud experts from Google and Microsoft as they share:
- The scale and penetration of their enterprise cloud offerings.
- How their customers are putting cloud infrastructure to work, and what it means for their customer’s capabilities, speed, and growth.
- The speed at which their cloud offerings are being adopted and how that is transforming enterprise IT.
- Near and long-term visions for their cloud offerings and their view on how that may change the way we use, store, and govern information.
KEY ISSUES THIS SESSION WILL ADDRESS
- How cloud infrastructure is being adopted used around the world and what it means to you.
- The view from Google and Microsoft on their capabilities and how they are – and will – shape the deliver of enterprise IT.
- How information professionals need to respond, adjust, and prepare.
KEY TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS SESSION
- Learn how the cloud is transforming the way that all the information you are responsible for managing and governing is created, stored, and managed.
- Prepare for the transformation that is underway and accelerating. How are you going to help your organization?
Speakers: Barclay T. Blair, Miles Ward