The transition to information governance “in the cloud” is leaving many organizations wondering what it means and how it impacts their enterprise content and records management programs. The cloud introduces significant challenges for information access, governance and legal compliance.
This session will:
- Identify the unique elements of alternative solutions, including Public vs. Private, In Place vs. Linked content, Hybrid, and Office 356
- Propose a cloud governance framework to compare cloud-based governance vendors
- Outline approaches to establish a practical foundation for document-centric cloud solutions
KEY ISSUES THIS SESSION WILL ADDRESS
- Explain cloud-based information governance and why it is important
- Introduce the common elements of cloud governance, including Cloud Scale, Security, Identity, Privacy, and Geo-fencing to meet Regulatory Standards
KEY TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS SESSION
- Learn how to leverage the common elements of cloud governance to your advantage in your IG program
- Understand the roles of legal, IT and Information Governance professionals in the move to cloud-based records and information management
Come learn from leading industry experts as they share a framework to consider alternative paths to optimizing information governance in the cloud. This session introduces infrastructure, content management and analytics issues dealt with in more detail in subsequent MER presentations in this track from key cloud vendors on their alternatives for cloud-base governance.
Speakers: Jim Coulson, Barclay T. Blair, James Watson, PhD, Mike Alsup